Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Acceptance

Having this blog has caused me to think very hard about how I treat my diabetes. It has been an enemy for the majority of my life. The more I fight it, the worse it treats me. There's no denying the fact that I am a type 1. Life is different for me compared to a person with a fully functional pancreas. That's a fact. 

Once I accepted the fact that I must work with my diabetes, the better is has treated me. More of a controlled and consistent diet, planned out exercise, better sleep, and tracking my blood sugars have helped out immensely. For me, working with rather than against my diabetes has been very beneficial. 

I wish I would have known what I know now about food and health compared to what I didn't know as a teenager. Life would have been easier and healthier. Athletic performance would have been better. The major struggle I have now is all the different opinions out there about how to treat type 1. It can be very stressful and frustrating. Education is key and finding out what works for an individual is best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment