Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Facebook and Possible Events?

I started a Facebook page called Breaking Diabetes. My goal is to change the perception of what diabetics are and how we did not have a choice in the matter of becoming diabetic.

Sports were my way as a kid to feel like I was just like anyone else. I was proud of myself because I did pretty well on the fields or courts. I always wondered how different I would have done if I didn't have T1Ds. 

As an adult, I have gravitated towards strength sports like powerlifting and strongman. I do fool around with CrossFit every once in awhile and find the group atmosphere very enjoyable. I have always enjoyed strength training whether it has been for competition or overall health. 

My wife and I have been brainstorming some ways to raise money for the JDRF. We are thinking of some type of online competition. She is very supportive of me in all that I do. She understands how important it is that I spend time in my garage training and caring for my disease. My ultimate goal would be to create an annual event that can continue to grow year in and year out. We must BREAK DIABETES!




No comments:

Post a Comment