Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Deadlifts for Diabetes

After 23 years of being a type 1 diabetic, I have decided it is time for me to become more involved. I have been talking for years about it. It's time I put my ideas into action.

I have created an event through the JDRF. I will be participating in the Northern California Strongman Champonships on April 26th at Boss Barbell in Mountain View California. The competition will have an axle clean and press for max weight, farmers walk/zercher carry medley, 18" deadlift for max weight, truck pull and a stone series.

I chose "Deadlifts for Diabetes" because whenever I deadlift I don't require much insulin for the rest of the evening and it's as close to diabetes free I can feel. My goal is to raise as much money for the JDRF as possible. 

The JDRF is the largest nongovernmental funder of T1D research and the only global organization with a strategic plan to fight T1D.

You can make a difference by visiting these sites:

www.facebook.com/breakingdiabetes 

We must BREAK DIABETES!

No comments:

Post a Comment