Friday, May 9, 2014

CGM

I can't believe I have waited so long to be on a continuous glucose monitor. The cost and fear is what made me hesitant. In the big picture, I am investing in my health which you can't put a price tag on.

I started with my Dexcom G4 on Tuesday. Putting it on was a breeze. It took maybe a minute to get it in. I used to have another continuous glucose monitor that was awful and not so accurate. I would have to lay down for 10 minutes with my old one. I only used the old one for maybe a month because of the pain and the hassle. 

I would recommend the Dexcom G4 to others without a doubt. I wish I could have had devices when I was a kid. Things would have been so much easier. Pumps were first starting to come out when I was in high school and they weren't proven. 

I am curious...
Why not use a pump or CGM?
Cost?
Education?



No comments:

Post a Comment