Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Sickness

What does it mean to be sick? Being sick is an ongoing challenge that we face everyday. Some days are great, while some days can be truly tough and frustrating. I am thankful for all I have learned through my 25 years of diabetes.

 

The amount of responsibility that I have learned doesn't have a price tag. The level of responsibility has forced me into a level of health I couldn't imagine. 

At 37 years old, I don't feel that I have lost too much athleticism because I have know with my disease that if I stay active, things are so much easier. Diabetes has motivated me to stay active and strong. 

I couldn't be more thankful for the knowledge I have gained about exercise, health, and determination. The lessons have been ongoing and will continue. The more I know, the more I realize I have so much more to learn. Complacency equals stagnation. Growth is vital. Learn from history. If I don't like my results, it's time to change the process. Simple. 

We must learn, educate and share our experiences. If we aren't our own advocates, who will be? Take some risks. 

Confidence is key. I should take my own advice with this in more day to day situations. For me, confidence is built by success and the need for more. I am my own worst enemy.  When we fail, what can we learn from the experiences. Pick yourself up and move on. Process equals results. 

As diabetics, feeling sorry for ourselves doesn't work. Move on and get over it. Be the one you want to be. Growing up, my father preached to my brothers and I to follow out passion. There was never a doubt. He wanted and continues to want us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be. Without this influence, I am not sure how things would have turned out for me. I hope to pass these same ideas and beliefs to my children. 

Follow your desires with drive and determination. State of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment