Friday, August 9, 2013

A Big Directional Change

After a lot of thought and frustration, I started up with a new endocrinologist that is local. 

The main reason I went was to get a meal plan figured out. What my doctor told me was to keep veggies and fruit the main source of food. Protein and carbs should fill out the rest of my diet. 

The confusing thing here is how I read all the time that insulin is such a bad thing from so many sources. As a diabetic, I know I need it. It is all so confusing sometimes.

On a training note, I have decided to let go of powerlifting for the moment. This summer I have only been lifting heavy and I feel less athletic and very beat up. I have introduced more CrossFit style workouts and I feel pretty good. The addition of more carbohydrates is a huge piece to this as well. 

To be successful with the new way of eating I have decided to use the Zone as a guideline. I am eating far more veggies and fruit as I was before. It's all about keeping the food choices as natural and healthy as possible.

Here are the workouts I have done this last week that have made control very easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment