Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bench and Blood Sugars

This old diabetes was rather tough today. For some crazy reason it just won't disappear. The self control was tough to over come while at work today with junk food. It's Teacher Appreciation Week and it seems the thing to do is provide us teachers with junk food. I am very appreciative that people are thankful for what teachers do, but I would prefer vrrbal thank you rather than a donut. I ate a handful of donut holes and paid for it.

The blood sugars were elevated for two hours, but were normalized by insulin use. The rest of the day my knees an ankles were swollen maybe because of gluten. I try my best to stay away from all gluten. My stomach and limbs give me issues when I don't eat clean.

Since my blood sugar levels were messed with my attitude went south and seemed to stay there all day. I was tired and grumpy. This attitude carried over to my training. My two friends that train with me have great attitudes and I aspire to be as positive as they are.

Training-
Bench 5/3/1-205, 245, 275
Front Squat 5x1- 225, 245, 275, 295, 315
3 rounds:
30 yard yoke walk
10 40# ball slams
10 pull-ups
20 yd sprint

It felt good to move around in an athletic manner this evening. As the meet on June 8th approaches, the more difficult it is for me to stay focused on my goals. There's nothing better than some self doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment