Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Strongman Blood Sugar Levels

I have started to add in some conditioning with my lifting of weights. I keep the movements simple and on the heavier side. This has helped control the diabetes a bit, but more importantly has made me feel like an athlete.

Feeling athletic is one if the major reasons why I enjoy exercise. Having a target or training for something is a huge help. My primary goal is good health, but I like to see how far I can push myself.

Once I have the June 8th powerlifting meet behind me, my focus will be strongman training. There is a competition in early August that I am signing up for. It should be fun. I will posting more details about it as it gets closer.

Training from 5/27/13:
Squat - 5/3/1 rep scheme with 435 pounds for the last set.
Squat cleans - worked up to 255. I attempted 295, but did not commit like I should have. Since I haven't been spending time on any oly lifting recently, my form has suffered.

Conditioning:
5 rounds of
1 yoke carry x 30 yards
I stone carry x 30 yards
5 kettlebell snatches per side with 70 pounds

This was challenging, but very fun. I am not trying to look to far ahead, but I am looking forward to the strongman transition. The major difference that will occur is that I will do more Olympic lifting, more pressing in replace of bench pressing, and picking up the level of conditioning. It will be interesting  how this will require me to alter the diet and diabetes care.

www.strongmanwod.com - Great strongman workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment