Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Control and a Bit of Confusion

Tonight my control has been fantastic. Hardly any insulin after a hard weight training session. I have been messing with the diet a bit this week. My carbohydrate intake has averaged about 150 to 250 grams depending on how strenuous my training has been. As long as the food I consume is clean things seem to be good. I have more energy with the upping of the carbs. My blood sugars haven't been perfect, but still very manageable.

This morning the television was on an the news running along the bottom if the screen mentioned that there's a cure for type 1 in the near future. I searched the Internet tonight trying to find more information, but no luck. Everything I found was for recently diagnosed type 1s and how type 2s can reverse things through diet and exercise. I am jealous of type 2s!

The news story I did catch was discussing how obesity is now going to be considered a disease. This is very difficult for me to digest and have sympathy for those people who fall into this hole. Choice is an interesting concept. When a child or adult is diagnosed with type 1, it's not a preventable situation unless the child or adult already has type 2 and can't control what they eat along with being inactive. This kills me because its going to steal attention away from finding a cure for type 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment