Monday, June 3, 2013

Self Reflection

After meeting the 13 year old's family that I mentioned in a post on Saturday, I think this blog needs a new direction or a better focus.

My goal is to hopefully help type 1 diabetics not feel alone. The reason for me posting about lifting weights is to show that being diabetic doesn't have to hold me back from achieving physical goals. Does it make things a bit trickier? Of course it does.

It's time to be an advocate for diabetes. I have always been fearful about telling others about my disease because I didn't want pity or be treated differently. I would like to believe that the disease doesn't define me, but it sure is a huge part of my life and my family's life. It's who I am and it's helped mold me into the type of person I am today.

Let's BREAK DIABETES!

2 comments:

  1. 4 days Jeff! Let set some State records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a great time! Cool, calm, and collected.

    ReplyDelete