Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Monday 4/22/13

1.Squat 3x5 last set was 375
   Bench 3x5 last set was 255

2. Front Squat 3x5 used 195 for all three sets
    Sling Shot Bench 3x5 used 255 for all three sets

3. Hammer Curls 3x10 with 40 pounds supersetted with body weight dips 3x10

*I did 5 strict fat grip pull-ups between the benching sets. 

It was a fun training session. More importantly, I didn't need much insulin the rest of the evening. I have also made the decision not to cut weight at all. This will give me less stress and will allow me to fuel my body, so I can improve on my total. I have put on weight the last week or so. At my meet in March I weighed about 209 pounds and was a lot lighter than others in my weight class. This time, I want to put up bigger numbers and part of that is me gaining about ten pounds.
   


4 comments:

  1. What do you eat preworkout? Post workout?
    Do certain meals help with certain workouts?

    Food still seems to be a huge variable.
    I went from a veggie lunch and banana preworkout with low energy results to currently a meat lunch and a pbj and apple with significant gains in energy during workout....but wanted to cut bread out entirely...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends what the workout is for food pre and post workout. Preworkout, I will have some BCAAs and caffeine. Post workout, I consume 30 to 60 grams of carbohydrates and a lot of protein. Bacon bacon bacon

      Delete
    2. First off I am a little behind the times with current workout lingo and have no idea what bcaas are?
      Is is a Bergnerism?
      How about water? or I should say how do you stay hydrated? I drink a gallon a day and feel like I am always negatively hydrated? Do you ever get extremely shaky with dehydration that would mimic a flux in blood sugars? Is it different with diabetes?

      Delete
  2. Branch chain amino acids. No berg on this. It's supposed to help with muscle recovery and other stuff. Probably doesn't do anything. I drink water throughout the day. I try not to get to the point of dehydration. Sodium can help. The only time that it affects the bs is when I am really high.

    ReplyDelete