Thursday, April 11, 2013

Powerlifting Goals and Training for 4/10/13

Goals for June 8th meet:
Squat-490#
Bench-345#
Deadlift-585#

This will only be my second meet. My first meet was March 23rd in Portland, OR and I squatted 480#, benched 325# and deadlifted 568#. I know I had more in me, but my goal was to have a successful meet without getting overboard with personal records. 

This meet my main goals are to set some personal records(listed above), and stay injury free. 

Training:
Strength-
3x3 Deadlift with the last set being 465#
8x2 Speed deadlifts with 135 and a band
Conditioning-
5 Rounds
Yoke carry 40 yards
Prowler sprint 30 yards
40# ball slams x 5
53# Russian Kettlebell swings x 5
I did some hammer curls and pull ups as well. 

Diabetes:
Due to the conditioning, my blood sugar shot up to 235 when I was done. The one thing I have learned the last couple of years is that these highs don't have to be treated aggressively. The workout allowed me to pig out the rest of the night. I ate a huge steak, guacamole, salad, and topped it off with two cupcakes. 

I have been messing with back loading my workouts with carbohydrates and keeping the rest of my day with less than 30 grams of carbohydrates. I have noticed that my control is pretty good when I do this. More importantly, I feel like I don't have diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment